Dupont Community Credit Union
Dupont Community Credit Union

About Us

Our History

The year was 1954.  Eisenhower was president, gasoline was 10 cents per gallon, and poodle skirts and flat-tops were popular.  Everything - from television sets to automobiles - was becoming more affordable to the average person.  The Chattanooga DuPont Plant was one of the area's largest employers, hiring many people from the tri-state region.  Some of these individuals began to see the need for a different kind of financial institution, one that would meet the financial needs of all employees, even those with limited means.  Recognizing that credit unions embraced the philosophy of "People Helping People," the wheels were set in motion.  The Chattanooga DuPont Nylon Employees Credit Union was organized and chartered February 26, 1954.

Since those early days, many events have taken place that have shaped Dupont Community Credit Union into the strong financial institution it is today.  In March 1983, the Alsimag and Green Charger Credit Unions merged with DCCU.  In April 1984, the Credit Union changed its name to Dupont Community Credit Union and membership was opened to anyone who lives or works in Hamilton County, Tennessee.  The grand opening of the Hixson Pike office was December 15, 1984.  In June 1988, the Signal Knitting Mills Credit Union merged with DCCU, and in January 1999 the Dixie Group Federal Credit Union merged with us. In 2011 and 2012 membership was expanded to include those in Hamilton, Marion and Sequatchie counties in Tennessee and Catoosa, Dade and Walker counties in Georgia.

On October 27, 1997, our East Brainerd office was opened in the Concorde Centre at 7550 East Brainerd Road, and on February 1, 2007, we opened our Soddy Daisy office at 8821 Consolidated Drive. Our newest office opened on December 12, 2011 in Ooltewah at 9227 Lee Highway.

On April 01, 2015, Dupont Community Credit Union changed its name to Scenic Community Credit Union. The change is the result of the Board's desire to create a more community-centric identity.

We are a member-owned, not-for-profit, financial institution.  Members elect a volunteer board of directors to oversee the Credit Union, and because members own SCCU, members have a say in how we do business.  We always strive to make positive changes while keeping our Credit Union a safe, sound and responsible financial institution.

The philosophy of SCCU today is the same as that of its original founders.  We are committed to provide competitive financial services to our field of membership in a safe, sound and friendly manner that will encourage the membership to come to the Credit Union for all their financial needs.

Come by today and see that we really are "People Helping People!"

Mission Statement

We are committed to provide competitive financial services to our field of membership in a safe, sound and friendly manner that will encourage the membership to come to the credit union for all their individual and family financial needs.